Re: metadiscourse

Subject: Re: metadiscourse
From: "Porrello, Leonard" <leonard -dot- porrello -at- COMPAQ -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 07:46:48 -0800

I would refine part of what Simon says. Poor grammar may be acceptable if
meaning is not too terribly obscured. I make this distinction because all to
often, in my experience, I find people who don't realize that genuinely poor
grammar means obscure meaning. All to often, grammar is thought of as
something discrete from the message.

Leonard Porrello
Compaq, Telecom Network Solutions
Pubs, Omaha