Re: Hogs

Subject: Re: Hogs
From: "Townsend,Emru" <etownsend -at- POSITRON -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:17:22 -0500

>Also, how do you handle screen shots. I find it's easier to use
bmps in Word
>files, but they can get large. How can I get screen shots, keep
the size to a
>minimum, and have it look good when printed?

Reduce the number of colors in the screen shot, using a program like
Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop. You can usually knock a 16 or 24-bit image
down to 8-bit (25 colors), which greatly reduces the file size and the
memory used. Depending on your screen shots, you might even be able to
reduce to 16 colors. At my previous job, our interfaces were pretty
standard and not terribly fancy, so I created a 16-color palette I could
apply to just about any image.

Emru Townsend
Technical Communicator Dude - Product Integration
Positron Public Safety Systems Inc.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
e-mail: etownsend -at- positron -dot- qc -dot- ca
My words are my own. Confuse them with my employer's at your own risk.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=