Copyright Statements and Permission to Copy

Subject: Copyright Statements and Permission to Copy
From: Lisa Mishli <Lmish -at- PO2 -dot- ROBOTEC -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:22:41 +0200

In addition to user manuals for our software and hardware products, we
also produce instructional materials (school lab exercise books,
tutorials, etc.). All our books include a standard copyright statement
which we have used for years: " All rights reserved. No part of this
publication may be stored in a retrieval system, or reproduced in any
way, including but not limited to photocopy, photograph, magnetic or
other record, without the prior agreement and written permission of the
publisher. "

Our marketing team promotes the fact that teachers get PDF files of the
lab books and can reproduce to their hearts content. Marketing is now
asking about this "reproduction without prior consent" clause.
> I once saw a lab book with a "rights reserved" clause with a
> stipulation that teachers may reproduce the book for use in the
> classroom, but not for other purposes (i.e., personal gain). I believe
> we need that type of statement.

We are also producing multimedia companion discs for our lab books.
These discs also need some sort of copyright read-me file. Any
suggestions about that?

I'd appreciate directions to websites or sources which provide info on
copyright and reproduction issues.

TIA

Lisa Mishli
lmish -at- po2 -dot- robotec -dot- co -dot- il
Eshed Robotec
Tel Aviv, Israel

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=