Re: Hogs

Subject: Re: Hogs
From: Roy Anderson <royanderson -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 14:56:32 -0500

Robert Maxey wrote:

> >>Forget it! I recently tried to use word to put together a catalog and it
> >>kept crashing. With the version I was using, Word 97, I found I could
> only
> >>put in around 3 large photos before it started acting up.
>
> How much memory do you have? Word, as well as Windows 95/NT are hogs.
>
> RM

<SNIP>

RAM is so cheap today that there's simply no reason for anyone to
continue suffering memory problems. Add more inexpensive RAM and
move on. If your company won't pay for the RAM upgrade, buy it
yourself if doing so will save headaches. Doing so would constitute
a small investment in safeguarding one's sanity.

Insofar as the photographs are concerned, try saving them as JPEG with
a competent photo tool and reducing their quality to a lower but fully
acceptable level. You can save much RAM doing this.

Good luck.

Roy

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=