Re: Sources for Web Graphics

Subject: Re: Sources for Web Graphics
From: "JON S." <SICON -at- WEBZONE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 20:58:43 -0600

I use Art Today at work. I am quite disappointed with the graphics I have
found on Art Today. Many of the graphics are either too cartoonish or
quite elaborate. However, much of the work done in my department involves
creating online publications that will utlimately be printed. So, many of
the images I tend to download from Art Today happen to be Word Meta Files
or are converted to a Word Meta File because this format is better for
printed images. Nevertheless, many of the images I have downloaded from
Art Today need to be resized and edited to look clean. Perhaps you may
have better luck with this site if you intend to display graphics only for
online viewing.

Florita Sheldon

----------
From: Ruth Markham <Pmar8899z -at- AOL -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Subject: Sources for Web Graphics
Date: Friday, October 23, 1998 9:15 AM

Listers:

'm going to be developing a CBT for the first time using AuthorWare. The
CBT
will incorporate content that the SME has developed. We do not have a
graphics person on staff so one of my tasks is to find graphics,
navigations
buttons, backgrounds etc. Searching the web for graphics has become very
time-consuming and I'm still not certain I've hit on the very best that's
out
there. Because of the subject matter, we are leaning towards an
architectural
theme - blueprints, tools, construction in progress, completed work. We
wants
the graphics to have more of a professional "feel" than cartoon-ish (is
that a
word???)

So far, I've found Art Today to be one of the most extensive. Everything
is
royalty free, there are 750,000 images, plus fonts and photos and you can
download directly from the net for a $29.95 annual subscription fee. Does
anyone use this outfit? What do you think?

I'd also appreciate hearing about any other graphics web sites you find
useful
or CD-ROM's that contain great graphics.

Thanks so much!

Ruth Markham
Technical Writer
Clark Refining & Marketing
ruth -dot- markham -at- clarkusa -dot- com

Just an FYI, the tutorial will be delivered via the company intranet.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=