Re: Resume Revision/CvrLtr

Subject: Re: Resume Revision/CvrLtr
From: Richard Mateosian <xrm -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:14:53 -0800

>First, they were to state for which job they were applying
>(I didn't allow "form letter" cover letters), then they were
>to go through the ad and match up their skills with what the
>company wrote down for the position.

That's nice, but why have "form" resumes? If you're going to the
trouble of tailoring a cover letter to the specific job, why not
tailor the resume?

It seems to me that a detailed cover letter is a holdover from the
days when creating a resume was a major production. I rarely use
resumes any more, but when I do, I never send one without at least a
small edit. And today's date appears in fine print in the lower left
corner (my resume is on a single side of 8.5 by 11 paper). ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net> www.cyberpass.net/~srm/
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

© Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=