Re: Resume Revision/CvrLtr

Subject: Re: Resume Revision/CvrLtr
From: Ian Blythe <ipblythe -at- AIX -dot- PACWAN -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:06:26 +0100

Hello all fellow tech writers,

Here in France you should always send a covering letter with a CV.
This is known as a 'lettre de motivation' and must be hand written
(I'm led to believe that handwriting analysis experts contibute to
the choice of candidate). The letter itself should explain your
competences and motivation for wanting the job.

As a result, you should create a custom covering letter for each job
application (as well as fine tuning your CV to match the job).

Hope this helps for anyone thinking of moving to France as I did!

best regards
Ian
--
Technical Writer, Consultant, Author, WebProgrammer, WinHelp Writer

Is it only the English that are so thick-skinned to accept what anybody
says on this list? Sometimes I think that PC goes too far and is making
folks far too sensitive. Where I grew up we called a spade a spade
(that's what some folks call a shovel before the PC police come and get me)
Just my 2 centimes

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=