Seeking job in Dresden or Chemnitz (Germany)

Subject: Seeking job in Dresden or Chemnitz (Germany)
From: Ellen Gorlow <gorlow -at- ORION -dot- HRZ -dot- TU-FREIBERG -dot- DE>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:00:10 +0000

Hello Techwr-lers, expecially those in Germany ,

My company based in Phoenix, Arizona laid me off a few weeks ago. I
had worked (with high productivity and serious commitment) for
five months at the one of the company's software development labs in
Chemnitz in Eastern Germany. Now I'm looking for another job as a
technical writer in either Dresden or Chemnitz.

In my brief time at this company, I worked closely with a German
development team to completely update a 200+ page user guide and 200+
page administrator's manual for the latest release of a user interface
to one of the company's software products. I also revised other
English language technical documentation and translated documentation,
release notes, and design specifications from German to English.

This was my first job as a technical writer and I absolutely loved it.
I used all the skills that I had acquired over a lifetime of career
changes. At the start of my career, I worked for eight years as a
freelance graphic designer in New York City. Later I worked for ten
years as a computer programmer and developed software in COBOL and a
variety of database packages. After I arrived in Germany in 1995, I
taught English for three years.

My skills include Microsoft Word, Robohelp, Adobe Acrobat, Powerpoint,
and Photoshop Pro. My German speaking, listening, and reading
ability is good enough for me to be a productive member of a
development team.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. Please reply
off list.
Ellen Gorlow

Brander Strasse 59
09599 Freiberg Germany
telephone: +49 3731 72421
email: gorlow -at- orion -dot- hrz -dot- tu-freiberg -dot- de

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=