Jobs - Seattle, Washington area

Subject: Jobs - Seattle, Washington area
From: Tameiko Davis <TameikoD -at- MPL -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:53:35 -0800

Hello,

It's fall in the Northwest. Many of the leaves have turned colors and fallen
to the ground. It's a great time to be here! Meridian Partners Limited is
once again seeking seasoned professionals to join our team.

Meridian Partners Limited is a fast growing distributed applications
solutions provider located near Seattle, Washington. We specialize in
project development, contingency staffing and Internet solutions. We
currently have openings for software developers, web developers, technical
writers, programmer writers, systems analysts etc., to work with our clients
to develop/support world class software and web sites. All Meridian
employees are full-time salaried people with full benefits. We offer top
notch compensation packages including full medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, matching 401(k), paid vacation and holidays, a flexible work
environment, relocation assistance and stock options. Please send your
resume to recruiter -at- mpl -dot- net if you are interested in joining Meridian. You
can browse around our website in you are interested in learning more about
Meridian... http://www.mpl.net or you can get in touch with me at any of the
contact points listed in my auto signature.

We have the following projects available:

Technical Writer - An experienced writer needed to manage delivery of all
HTML Help docs (some of which are highly technical), communicating with HTML
Help program management about and scheduling documentation deliverables,
communicating with Visual Studio user assistance management about
documentation plans, and leading and scheduling other writers on the team.
(1/2 time spent writing documentation.) This person also manages and
implements a help system design based on consultations with the HTML Help
program management team. The ideal candidate will have, 3-5 years
planning/writing programming and end user docs, knowledge of html,
experience writing SDK, DDK, or end user docs geared toward high level end
users (programmers and help authors) & some programming experience. Some
knowledge of C++ helpful.

Technical Writer to produce concise, timely, and technically accurate
documentation for the user profile management and personalization feature of
commerce intelligence server. Must have 3+ years work-related experience.
Knowledge of server technology and/or internet/intranet technology required.
Demonstrated ability to combine technical expertise with technical
communication skills is required. The ability to work under deadline
pressure is also required. Ideal candidates must have: knowledge of SQL
server, IIS, HTML, HTML Help and VID.

Technical Writer to review, revise, and write text that appears in the user
interface of our client's products. The writer will provide clear, concise,
accurate UI text that enhances product usability and is consistent with our
client's writing standard. Must have 3-5 years writing experience, good
communication and organizational skills and UI design. A BA/BS degree in
English or Technical Communications is preferred.

Programmer Writer - Plan and write developer-oriented and solutions-oriented
documentation for ActiveX data objects. May extend to similar duties for OLE
DB and ODBC material. This includes working with manager and program
managers to determine appropriate content; working with editors and other
user education staff to provide high-quality documentation to an agreed
schedule; and ensuring all material is tested and properly reviewed. Ideal
candidates must have proven experience creating programs using data access
technologies, specifically DAO or ADO. Professional experience with one or
more programming languages, good oral and written communication skills, good
organizational ability, knowledge of database fundamentals. A BA/BS in
computer Science is preferred.

Technical Writer - Network operating systems background. Experience with
TCP/IP and HTTP protocols preferred. Must have experience with Windows NT
Server, writing to a Systems Administration audience, and authoring in HTML.
The product is very technical therefore both technical and writing skills
are important. (Technologies are: Proxy, modem and fax servers.)

Programmer Writer needed with 3-5 years work related experience required.
Excellent technical writing skills required. The ability to read or write a
high-level programming language and understand the principles of software
development strong aptitude in either VBScript or JScript and at least one
of the following program languages: Visual Basic, Java, C++. Possess a
thorough understanding of the Microsoft Component Object Model.
Understanding of 1 or + of the following technologies client/server
applications, security, databases, etc. The ideal candidate will also have
knowledge of Internet/Intranet Server technologies.

Programmer Writer - 3-5 years work related experience required. Excellent
technical writing skills required. The ability to read or write a high-level
programming language and understand the principles of high quality software
development is required. Must possess expert understanding of one or more
major technologies, such as database design and development, networking,
client/server applications, security, multimedia, or device drivers, etc.
Must have demonstrated interest in, and knowledge of, broad but related
areas of technology. The ability to be proactive in solving problems is
required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Web programming skills, NT admin skills, knowledge of messaging protocols,
database skills.

Applications Developer - Developer will write whitepapers, create demos,
document applications, etc. May occasionally need to configure and install
software on demo machines. Must have the following technologies: VB, COM,
ASP, VID.

Thank you for allowing me to post jobs here. This listserv has proven to be
an excellent resource in finding great writers!!

Thanks!

Tameiko Davis
Meridian Partners Ltd.
http://www.mpl.net