Re: Query: Captures of "Long" Screens

Subject: Re: Query: Captures of "Long" Screens
From: "David B. Demyan" <dbdemyan -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 18:02:00 -0500

I sent Doug another private response with more detail and thought I would
summarize for the list. --DBD

Doug:
SnagIt/32 is a screen capture program that included an "Autoscroll
Capture" feature in a recent release. This allows you to instruct SnagIt to
begin the capture at the top of the screen and automatically scroll the
window to capture what is out of sight. This is especially handy for web
pages. The feature works in both graphic and text mode, allowing you
to save a long image (bitmap) or ASCII text. I also use this feature in
text mode to capture data from databases, directories, and long listings
of all types. It works very well.

Yes, to those with good memories, I am associated with the maker,
TechSmith Corp., in that I author their help files.

For evaluation copies, see:

http://www.techsmith.com

Andrews, Doug wrote:

> I'm trying to capture a web page within a browser using Paint Shop Pro. The
> problem is that the content of the page is lengthy and thus does not fit
> onto a single screen on the user desktop - i.e., one must scroll down to see
> the content of the entire page.

[snip]

David B. Demyan dbd -at- mendem -dot- com
Mendem Concord, Inc. http://www.mendem.com
Warren, New Jersey 888-753-8500

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=