Re: Resume Revision

Subject: Re: Resume Revision
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:59:28 -0500

I'm a contractor and am now on my 5th or 6th contract (who can count).

My instruction to the agency is that:

1) the ONLY thing they can change is the removal of the contact
information. However, all they have to do is remove about an inch from
the top of the first pasge and it's gone.

2) they NEVER change the content of the resume, NOT ONE WORD. It's for
that reason that I either fax them a copy or send a PDF...neither of
them editable, unless I know the agency real well and trust them to
follow my wishes with a Word or ASCII version.

3) I'll never remove a past job even if they feel that they don't want
to include it. I had an agency ask me if I would rewrite my resume to
remove the jobs where I did sales or marketing communication, telling me
that it wasn't the "flavor" that they wanted to project. I told them no,
since what I did was what I am, and if they had that much of a problem
with marcom, they sure wouldn't like me.

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=