Re: XML, anyone?

Subject: Re: XML, anyone?
From: "Thwing, Cathy" <CThwing -at- TUSD -dot- K12 -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:16:30 -0700

XML seems very exciting. At first, I thought it would be most of interest
to those of us who prepare documentation for web and other methods of
delivery on computers. (It affords great control for formatting and
searching.) But since becoming a member of the XML mail list (see info
below), I've learned that it seems to be a great tool for programmers, too.

At present, I'm lurking about trying to learn all I can about XML while I
wait for the next generation of XML capable browsers. On a practical level,
where I work, we'll probably be using XML for our Intranet only, as we can
control the browser used internally to make sure it's XML compatible, and
our use of XML on the Internet (like our use of HTML 4.0) will probably have
to wait for widely-used browsers to catch up.

The best site I've found for XML is http://www.xml.com/xml/pub (Be sure to
read Code of the XML Geeks for a worthwhile chuckle!)

MS's site at http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/xml/default.asp
is also a good reference.

Here's info about the XML mail list:

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev -at- ic -dot- ac -dot- uk
To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo -at- ic -dot- ac -dot- uk the following message;
(un)subscribe xml-dev
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo -at- ic -dot- ac -dot- uk the following
message;
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa -at- ic -dot- ac -dot- uk)

Tim, keep us posted on the progress of your book--I know I'll be in the
market for one!

--Cathy Thwing
<xmlgeek>
<subject title="other">Major wannabe</subject>
</xmlgeek>

Catherine Thwing
Information Technologies
Webmaster/Technical Writer Manager
Tucson Unified School District
http://www.tusd.k12.az.us
email: cthwing -at- tusd -dot- k12 -dot- az -dot- us
(520) 617-7202 ext.1131

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=