Screen Capture Placement

Subject: Screen Capture Placement
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- EXPERIAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 13:23:39 -0500

I read an article the other day for a class I'm taking. Sorry to say, I
don't have it with me right now and can't give you the specifics, but
something in it has been gnawing at me and I'd like to get some other
opinions. The article was about visual design and stated that screen
captures should appear after the instruction/text that references them,
never before. I certainly agree that they shouldn't appear *long* before
the instruction, but what's wrong with having the picture just before it?
I'm thinking it is helpful to the reader to see the screen before the
instruction so he'll know he's in the right place when he takes the action
specified in the instruction. Anybody have an opinion they'd care to share?

--B
barb -dot- ostapina -at- experian -dot- com
...speaking only for myself

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=