Re: The Ugly Incident

Subject: Re: The Ugly Incident
From: Marylee Hendricks <marylee_hendricks -at- RETEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:52:46 -0500

Elna is right. Lighten up, George. I've had run-ins with all kinds of loud
people at work, we all have. (You, too, if you stop and look back for even
a minute.) I can think of three guys right off the bat who would work
themselves up into to a perfect crescendo of crankiness and culminate in
such displays of shouting and even swearing that you stepped back as a
reflex for fear that their little heads would explode and some would get on
you.

Fur will fly when people get into loud disagreements, not just when men and
women square off.

I've had some success with the tactic of not reacting to people's shouting
so they don't have that thrill of audience participation, and sometimes even
telling them that I will not talk to someone who is hollering at me. Just
don't play.

Marylee (who often marvels at the wonder of it all)

Marylee Hendricks
Retek Information Systems
Technical Editor - Training and User Documentation
Phone: 612.630.5642 Fax: 612.630.5710
Email: marylee_hendricks -at- retek -dot- com <mailto:marylee_hendricks -at- retek -dot- com>