Word: more levels in my TOC

Subject: Word: more levels in my TOC
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:03:11 -0700

Hi, all,

I'm using Word97. I need to have 5-6 levels in my TOC for a special
document. I've changed the levels shown in the Insert > Index and
Tables dialog box to the number and type I need. The changes appear
there, but when I apply them to the document, it reverts to the three it
allows you as a default.

Let me rephrase that a bit...it limits the TOC to three levels, however,
it uses the first three levels that I set.

I got this to work once, briefly, but when I updated the TOC it reverted
to the old way.

Does anyone know how to get around this, or am I just not doing
something right???

Thanks,

BJ

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=