Re: One easy lesson (WAS: Tech writing interviews)

Subject: Re: One easy lesson (WAS: Tech writing interviews)
From: Diane Williams <diane_williams -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 07:12:48 -0700

>>Dave said: There are a lot of those types out there looking for the
"one easy lesson!"

>>Geroge said: I remember interviewing for a TW job in Mountain View
once: the pubs department at the time was using Ventura and the
interviewer was bemoaning how the department couldn't use
AutoCAD-based artwork in their Ventura-based documents. When I told
him that wasn't true -- and told him how to do it -- he wound up
passing the info on to his pubs manager. There was supposed to be a
second interview, but it never showed. And I have a feeling I now
know why, the dogs...<<

Aren't we all eager to show how helpful we can be? I think in my
successful interviews, when I've been asked if I knew something or
could do something, I simply said "Yes." If an interviewer were to
press you for details you can ask, "Aren't you in the business of
selling your services to a customer? Yes? Well then, so am I!"

==
~~Diane Williams
(703) 305-2973 at USDA Food & Consumer Services

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=