Re: Any Word on Word?

Subject: Re: Any Word on Word?
From: Bruce Ashley <bashley -at- CREATEPRINT -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:38:17 +1000

I disagree Drew,

Word has always claimed the role and with modern hardware (Windows 95+ and
Pentium 150+) it is quite OK.

Up until 6 months ago, I used Word6, then 97 and my document were up to 250
pages in length with at least 1 embedded image for every 1 to 2 pages and
these were CAD, flowcharts, graphs, screen captures and a heap of
demonstrative images from a range of sources. Sure, I had the odd hiccough,
but I also do now with Frame.

With Word 6, Windows 3.11 and a 486DX4100, I tended to have trouble over
about 60 pages. When the hardware was updated, 99% of the problems fell
away.

I now use FrameMaker 5.5 and experience few difficulties. I do, however,
miss my Word graphic features.

Regards,

Bruce Ashley
OZ

Drew Krause wrote:

My personal word on Word is that, with such large graphics-intensive
documents, you're asking for trouble: the software simply wasn't designed
to handle it.

Drew Krause Miami, FL
dkrause -at- netside -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=