Re: 2000 Problem

Subject: Re: 2000 Problem
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:05:54 -0400

[Please use address in sig for personal replies.]

Bob Morrisette:
>Year 2000 has spawned thousands of article and books.
>The best explanation of year 2000 I've seen is the
>Wells Fargo publication, "Countdown to Year 2000."
>It explains the problem and how your business should
>solve it and plan the project. It also contains good
>examples of tables and graphics. I learned a new
>buzzword - the triage principle.

The Wells Fargo book is good, as are the ones published
by the American Management Association (the -other-
AMA <grin>).

And 'triage' has been a military and medical buzzword
for at least 55 years. It's new to business types,
but anyone hangin' out in a hospital emergency ward
or at a disaster site has been hearing it (and
experiencing it) since the 1940s. (Maybe even earlier
---did Army medics use it during WW1?)

[One more benefit from editing an article on battle
medicine. If this kind of question were on those
Trivial Pursuit cards, I'd clean up.]

K@
katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=