Documenting Classes and Methods/Functions

Subject: Documenting Classes and Methods/Functions
From: Kathleen Melly <kmelly -at- HI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:48:26 -0400

Hello;

I have to document the classes and methods for a software developers kit
(sdk) reference manual and a programmers guide. Does anyone have advice on
determining which classes and methods to document? The classes/methods that
are available to the developer (versus those that are internal) are listed
in the functional spec. However, the list is very long. Should I be
documenting all of the classes/methods available to the developer or is
there some rule of thumb I should be using to discriminate between those
that they need and those that they do not need to know about?

Any advice or references to material on documenting program languages would
be appreciated.

Kathy Melly
Hitachi
781-890-0444 X233