Re: Learning to edit yourself

Subject: Re: Learning to edit yourself
From: Jane Bergen <janeber -at- CYBERRAMP -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 19:38:47 -0500

Many of us have no choice...we HAVE to edit our own work, especially
if we're the only writer and the other developers and QAs hate to
review (I have been through this!). I've found the best thing is to
put it aside for awhile (a couple weeks if possible, but not too long
(months) or you'll get too far from it), then when you do go back it
will be much more objective and you'll see things you never noticed
before. This, obviously, works better when you're further along in the
doc cycle, too. I often leave my final edit (the sanity check) alone
for a while. It helps tremendously.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=