Re: Question: When to use Select or Choose?

Subject: Re: Question: When to use Select or Choose?
From: Robin Allen <rmallen -at- TEXAS -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:17:36 -0500

I think that every deals with this issue at some point. When I decided, I referred to
the MS Manual of Style and my own preference. As always, the key is to be consistent.
I use the following:

"Choose" for menu items -- Choose File | Exit from the menu bar.
"Select" for items from a list, radio button options, and check boxes -- Select the
Enable check box.
"Click" for buttons -- Click New.

Good luck.

Robin Allen