Re: Visio to Word97 Conversion (from digest)

Subject: Re: Visio to Word97 Conversion (from digest)
From: David Lettvin <dlettvin -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 17:36:37 -0700

I'll second Andy on this.

The problem with using screen capture is that you lose the advantage
of vector graphic resolution and scalability. If you need to resize
the graphic, or if you are going to publish the document as an Acrobat
file, much of your effort to create the graphic will have gone to
waste. Converting to WMF, EPF or some similar vector format will give
you the best results.
Since I don't know what you will do with the graphic it's hard to give
specific advice, but here are some pointers that may help:
*Keep the graphics as simple as possible. Break large graphics into
several smaller ones.
*Don't use a light typeface. Standard or bold is best.
*Don't use hairlines for graphics or callouts. Most lossiness in
graphics conversions is the result of thin lines disappearing when
they're scaled. This is very common in Visio since a lot of their
templates use fine lines.
*A good way to experiment with this is to "select all" and increase
line weight a point or so at a time. then convert. You'll soon figure
out what the best settings are.

---Greg Anderson <Greg -dot- Anderson -at- CENTRAL -dot- SUN -dot- COM> wrote:
> Another approach would be to Export the Visio drawings to .WMF format.
> We have used this method with excellent results.

==
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=