[no subject]

From: Richard Elsberry <richard -dot- elsberry -at- SCORECAST -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:18:26 -0500

>* I would also like to get ideas about projects that I could
"make
>up" in order to plan the online help (since I assume that I can't
create
>context sensitive help on my own without a product and an engineer for
>the proper coding- right?).

>Hi Debbie,

>If you've got the complete RoboHelp office suite, there's an app called
>What's This Help Composer. I think you can also download a trial
version of
>it from the BlueSky website.

Using WTHC, you can take ANY .exe file on your system (that is, any
Windows
32--bit application), and it will build a context-sensitive help file
for
>that application. It looks at every field and button in each dialog box
and
>generates dummy descriptions for each one along with a context-ID
number.

Although they make the claim, it was not possible for me to create
context sensitive help fields in a Visual Basic application using
RoboHelp's "What's This Help Composer." It could not display all of the
forms. Very disappointing, it looked like it would save me (the
programmer actually) some time. I got the impression from tech support
that I works well in other languages, just not VB.

Richard

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=