FWD: Blue chip, bored, and biding time

Subject: FWD: Blue chip, bored, and biding time
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:41:34 -0600

Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

I am working at a blue chip company on a Web team and have been here for almost
2 months. I'm making great money but am bored to death because nobody gives me
assignments (even when I tell people I'm bored and available and need work to
do).

I took this job because its a well known company and thought I would get goobs
of great experience. So far I havent learned anything.

We have these weekly meetings that I go to and I am clueless throughout the
entire meeting because nobody ever clued me in on the ongoing project that is
the discussion of the meetings.

I feel like I'm just floating, waiting for something to happen here.

I ask for work and I get bits and pieces at a time. I work slowly to make that
little bit of work last because I know its gonna be a while before I get
anymore.

I dont want to leave just yet because its only been 2 months, but I'm not
learning and growing here.

My manager and my leads all know I'm looking for work...

Any suggestions?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=