If you could ask your customers one question...

Subject: If you could ask your customers one question...
From: Laurie Cavanaugh <lcavanaugh -at- SMITHMICRO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 16:39:28 -0700

Hello, whirlers!

I have an opportunity to put a few questions on a tradeshow response card for
Comdex, and I want to grab this opportunity to find out about our potential
customers. I think the average attendee at this tradeshow is a decent
representative of our customer base (retail internet communication software).
The most burning question in my mind right now is how they like to receive
information about how to use the product. Our upper management is leaning
toward small quick-start guides plus online help, eliminating the paper User's
Guide. I don't object to that at all, but I want to know what our *customers*
want. That's going to be question #1. There is so much information that I
want, and I want to get as much as possible out of a few questions. What would
you most like to ask your customers or end-users?

Also, do you think anyone would take the time to write down their thoughts, or
should I provide checkboxes for the most frequently anticipated answers (Is it
worth the extra space to provide an "other" option and a blank line)?

I get the digest, so reply privately if you like; I'll summarize on Thursday.
Thank you all in advance!

Laurie Cavanaugh

Lone Technical Writer at Smith Micro Software

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=