Software Development Company Structure

Subject: Software Development Company Structure
From: Tracey Moore <traceym -at- APPLIEDMAPPING -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 17:39:59 -0400

I work for a startup software development company. We have completed a product that we feel is ready for the market, and are in that process.

I am looking for three things.

1. One, our President and Marketing guru knows virtually nothing about the software industry. Our employees total 6--three programmers, two GIS data analysts and me, the lone tech writer. None of us have been involved in bringing a product to market.

I have searched the web and the tech writer archives, to only be dumbfounded. Does anyone have any suggestions on books about this subject, and/or consultants that help young companies do this?

2. I have been asked to write a plan for designing a software company. Anyone know of any books on this subject? If anyone can share organizational charts with me (genericized, of course), I would be soooo grateful.

3. I have also been asked to write a software development guide that outlines the steps you take from dreaming up the product to developing it to putting it out to market. Any great books on that subject?

Please respond off-list. Thanks.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000