Font for Logo

Subject: Font for Logo
From: Pam Owen <Nighthawk1 -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:32:11 -0400

Hi, gang!

I'm trying to redesign my company logo, which was originally done (by my
partner) with a font that is not available in electronic form, and I could
use some help. I'm looking for a font that is trim, not too modern or
archaic, has a "k" with the lower descender of the foot (the lower oblique
line) going below the baseline, and imparts a sense of flight. Probably a
serif would be better than a sans serif, but I'm open to suggestions. The
"k" criterion is the hardest to meet, but really think having the descender
this way does impart a sense of flight. I've looked through tons of font
books with no success. If you think of a font that meets all or most of my
criteria, please e-mail me privately instead of posting to the list, as I
have trouble keeping up with mail on all my lists. If you know where I can
get the font, I'd appreciate hearing that, too. TIA.

Pam Owen
Nighthawk Communications
Reston, Virginia, USA
E-mail: Nighthawk1 -at- mindspring -dot- com

"Life is like Sanskrit read to a pony"
- Lou Reed

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=