Re: Save As in Acrobat Reader - or Word?

Subject: Re: Save As in Acrobat Reader - or Word?
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 01:47:37 +0200

Mary,

This is certainly a way to go. HOWEVER, this solution is only usable in a
controlled environment, where everybody has MS-Word (and most likely
Windoze).

And, if you look at it, you will have an extremely bloated browser for your
forms. Besides that, you should never forget all the security problems with
Word (macro virii).

So, this solution is -despite its attractiveness - not suitable for an open
environment.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
WWW: http://www.prodok.ch/prodok

Bridging the Knowledge Gap

______________________

>Here's a suggestion. If you're not absolutely required to use Acrobat, you
>might consider setting up your forms in Microsoft Word. Word can set up
>fill-in fields, which you can customize in much the same way you do Acrobat
>forms. You can even have pull-down multiple-choice menus.
>
>Once you've set up your form, you just "lock" it so that only the fill-in
>fields are editable.
>
>You can then tell your users to save the document to their hard drive, fill
>in the fields, resave it, and then forward it to wherever it is supposed to
>go. Or they could fill it in, print it, sign it, and forward the hardcopy
>to wherever.
>
>Just a thought! That's what our company is doing with its internal forms.
>
>Cordially,

> Mary McWilliams Johnson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000