Re: An Idea: An International Directory of Technical Terms

Subject: Re: An Idea: An International Directory of Technical Terms
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:38:21 -0700

George Mena:
>The "technical writer" in other languages thread gave me the following
>idea:
>
>Aren't we really better served compiling an international directory of
>technical terms?
>
>Such a document compiled by us listmembers might be a way for all of us
>to help solve our translation problems.
>
>I'm willing to help compile such a list in my spare time. Anyone else?

Why go to all that trouble? Microsoft used to make their foreign language
glossaries available on their Web site. I have used them for years to
verify Widows terms in French and German. Granted, Windows is not
everything (yet!), but surely this has been done before.

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=