FW: "Technical writer" in other languages

Subject: FW: "Technical writer" in other languages
From: Peter Kelly <Peter_Kelly -at- BAAN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:36:47 -0400

I think this must be off topic but I can't sit here and contain myself any
longer.

No technical writer in French is not "ecriteur technique" (ecriteur doesn't
exist) nor "ecrivain technique." (écrivain is for authors, the kind who
write novels...)

Technical writer is rédacteur technique in French. Technical writing is
rédaction technique.

Vive la langue de Molière!

Peter Kelly
Rédacteur technique