Word vs. FrameMaker

Subject: Word vs. FrameMaker
From: Mary Bradford <mbradford -at- DEROYAL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:25:17 -0400

I've been having some trouble pushing the limits of Word recently and
I've been looking at FrameMaker as an alternative. I am looking for a
way to manage rather large documents, plus enhance layout and design.
These are software documents which are maintained in a manual form and
in on-line form. They are graphic-intensive and consume lots of memory.
I use RoboHelp for my on-line stuff, but probably should move those to
an HTML.-format

I have read all of the marketing buzz words from Adobe, but what I am
really interested in is your opinions. I've got to make a case to be
able to move to FM - and I think I've got it covered. What I want to
know is, is it really worth it ? What benefits (tangible or otherwise)
did you see after migrating ? What pitfalls should be avoided ?

Any advice would be appreciated. Please reply directly to me as I get
only the digest format.

Thanks

Mary Bradford
DeRoyal Business Systems