Re: Not even Newbe, Wantabe - addenda (1)

Subject: Re: Not even Newbe, Wantabe - addenda (1)
From: Teresa Washburn <Teresa_Washburn -at- PEOPLESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:03:59 -0700

In addition to Peter's suggestions as to what HCI stands for - I believe in
the Usability/Tech Comm world it is "Human Computer Interaction".

Teresa

Dick Margulis wrote:" HCI - I haven't the foggiest. Anyone?"

Guilty! I have put this mnemonic in several replies to those seeking
contacts for technical writing opportunities down Australia way. But
in my own defense, I believe have always indicated, explicitly or by
the context, that it is a company name.

HCI is a Sydney, Australia, management consulting and communication
services company which includes technical writing and editing among
its services. Web http://www.hci.com.au, email info -at- hci -dot- com -dot- au -dot- I am
registered with HCI as a contract writer and they find me contracts
among their clients in what I guess is the usual way.

I believe the letters HCI stand for "Hard Copy Interactive" which may
be a humourous reference to:

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=