Re: Has the Web advanced the written word?

Subject: Re: Has the Web advanced the written word?
From: Mary Lynn Kostash <mkostash -at- CYGNUS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 19:34:05 -0700

Matt Ion wrote:
> I see the same kinds of typos (that's
> actually incorrect, since few of these errors are even marginally
> typographical in nature) in print media (including major dailies and
> newsmagazines) as well as in public advertising (bus signs, billboards,
> etc.)

Last week I passed by a restaurant advertising "muscles in a light cream
sauce".

Whose muscles? ;-)

Then again, I have been known to do the occasional typo, too. I'm
generally fairly forgiving when it comes to email errors--and I hope that
people provide me with the same kind of leeway. I am much more critical
of mistakes in printed documents.

Mary Lynn

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=