Re: Using and/or

Subject: Re: Using and/or
From: Marylee Hendricks <marylee_hendricks -at- RETEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:26:38 -0500

Using "and/or" may be inelegant or even dorky, but I have never met anyone
who didn't know what it meant. "or" does not imply "and" as well.

I don't really like "and/or" but it has the virtues of being generally
understood and shorter than the spelled-out explanations, such as "select a
or b, or any combination of a and b."

Marylee Hendricks
Retek Information Systems
Technical Editor - Training
Phone: 612.630.5642 Fax: 612.630.5710
Email: marylee_hendricks -at- retek -dot- com