Assembling Contract Agencies Database / PS on Syndication

Subject: Assembling Contract Agencies Database / PS on Syndication
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:26:29 -0600

Gang,

We're getting ready to send out a flurry of resumes
to contract agencies--the Compaq buyout of Digital
and resulting chaos has left us with a few spare hours
each week and the usual suspects haven't netted out
to anything real.

In brief, we're looking for some new (less than full
time), telecommutable projects. Ideally, we'd hook
up with someone who has ongoing need for some
tech writing/marcomm writing services, but we're
pretty open at this point.

Unless someone snaps us up quickly, we'll be sending
resumes to all the agencies we can find. Because
we're not the first and likely not the last to want to
do this, I'll volunteer to pour all of the agency contacts
I get into an Access database and make it available
to anyone who wants it (through the TECHWR-L
site).

What's the catch? I need agency recommendations.
Please email contact info (as complete as possible)
for any appropriate agencies you've worked with
(offline, of course), and I'll go from there.

PS: Yes, we're now syndicated--whoo whoo! We sent
brief announcements to several list members with whom
we've corresponded off-line recently, but didn't think
it was appropriate to post the press release to the list.
(And no, we didn't opt for snagging all the addresses
and sending them privately either--if others can't do
it, we can't do it.) If you're interested in info about
the column, email me offline and I'll send it along.

Eric (and Deborah, who is up to her nose in some
project and thus incommunicado at the
moment)

Eric J. Ray RayComm, Inc.
http://www.raycomm.com/ ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

* Syndicated columnist: Rays on Computing
* Technology Department Editor, _Technical Communication_
* Award-winning co-author of several popular computer books, including
_Unix Visual Quickstart Guide_, _Mastering HTML 4_, _Dummies 101:
HTML 4_, _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, others.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=