Re: Word: Password Protected for Revisions

Subject: Re: Word: Password Protected for Revisions
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:13:21 -0400

Greetings!

> PROBLEM: We have a [Word] document that has been password protected for
> revisions, and nobody remembers the password. I found great information
> in the archives, which led me to some shareware sites. However, the
> programs I found only related to entire documents being password
> protected. Can anyone offer a work-around?

This solution is the major complaint I have with Word password protection.
It's about as secure as a locked covertible with the top down.

1. Open the document click the Read-Only button
2. Select Save As from the File menu.
3. Click the Options button.
4. Deselect/Delete any password options in the dialog box and click OK.
5. Give the file a new name and click Save.

Voila! No more password protection and the Word document is open for
pillaging.

Now where did I put my covertible...?

--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey
jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

Lone Writer at Farabi Technology Corp.
Montreal, Quebec

4000+ readers? I Am Drunk With Power! <maniacal laughter>
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=