Perfect binding vs. 3-ring binders

Subject: Perfect binding vs. 3-ring binders
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 06:56:54 -0600

Mark Dykstra <<[would] like to write a convincing case that we would
be better off going with perfect binding [than 3-ring binders]>>

Best bet: call your local printer and ask for a quote. Just to put it
in perspective (and this is old data, taken _way_ out of context):
perfect binding for 500 1/4-inch-thick reports once cost me ca. $32.
Even at a relatively low cost of $0.50 per binder, that's $250 for
the 3-ring circus solution. You'll get different numbers in your
area, but the magnitude of the difference should be similar.
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=