Q: Tech comm conferences in Europe?

Subject: Q: Tech comm conferences in Europe?
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- NBG -dot- DE>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:07:01 +0100

Hello Damien,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK an All am 14.09.98

DD> If you don't know, Forum, is an "unusual" conference with
DD> no (or very few) formal talks and no seats!!

I has an activator at Forum 90 in Stockholm, Sweden, and at Forum 95 in
Dortmund, Germany, and enjoyed it a lot. In the Idea Market you have some 20
people in a single room with two flip charts each. You can continue your
discussion through brain storming in a Sort-and-Build group. In Stockholm we
did our own TV program on the closed-circuit TV system of the hotel every
night. I have a tape of it.

There is a Web site connected to the Forum conferences at
http://www.tc-forum.org. I took over as the Web master there last month but
have not done much besides some update. Hans Springer

DD> Springer -dot- H -at- geod -dot- geonet -dot- de

publishes an international magazine for technical communicators and we work on
putting it to the Web site.

DD> TEKOM Conference - main theme Document Management Systems -
DD> 1-13 November, Munich, Germany.

CORRECTION: The tekom conference has been moved to Nov. 19-20. There seems to
be some big event in Munich in the week before and tekom had problems to get
enough hotel rooms.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander
(active tekom member)

--
Alexander von Obert, Urbanstr. 2, 90480 Nuernberg, Germany
Free-lance technical writer (electronics, software)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=