Re: WHAT did you say? (WAS: What is a SME?)

Subject: Re: WHAT did you say? (WAS: What is a SME?)
From: George Mena <George -dot- Mena -at- ESSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:28:19 -0700

Eric,

Your stuttering is showing again. :D You only need type my name once.
:D But I do think you missed my point. :D

My point -- which I guess I didn't make -- was that working in a
manufacturing environment helped make me a more well-rounded technical
writer and that I fear new tech writers, at least in this country, may
well be losing out on what I consider diminishing opportunities to
experience the manufacturing environment firsthand. And I consider such
a trend to be a tragedy.

Then again, so we're told, it's cheaper to pay the foreign laborer
pennies on the dollar instead of paying the American worker a living
wage. Profits go up, which makes the shareholders happy. Quality? The
foreigners will learn how to build the product right sooner or later...

George

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=