guidelines for a style guide

Subject: guidelines for a style guide
From: Gayle Hoffman <Gayle_Hoffman -at- SGSGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:35:44 +0200

Hello everyone,
I am trying to put together a style guide for a small group of TW to use
and that will provide guidelines for the editting/reviewing process. Does
anyone have any ideas on how to define "wordiness" or "humour" or
"procedure/instructions" vs. "descriptions" in a style guide that will
clearly explain what is acceptable or what the limitations are for the
documentation written by the members of the group? We are using the
Information Mapping approach that breaks information up into blocks or
chunks of related information. For example, while I am reviewing the other
TWs' work, I find the chunks too wordy and to avoid this in the future I
want to define this in the Style Guide so that my comments do not come
across as subjective but objective and constructive remarks.

Thanks for your time and your input on this topic.
Gayle Hoffman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=