Re: Degrees of Competence

Subject: Re: Degrees of Competence
From: Dave Whelan <dwhelan -at- PANGEA -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 12:30:22 -0500

I agree with Nora that recruitment tests prove very little, except that a
person tests well. But I disagree when she says "If there was [a reliable
predictor of success on the job], all companies would be using it!". There
is an almost foolproof method of predicting success on the job: monitoring
actual performance. If employers were to offer prospective
employees a short contract before hiring them, they would have a reliable
predictor of success on the job offered.

Regards,
Dave.

David P. Whelan, Whelan Technical Services
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (204) 334-1339
mailto:d -dot- whelan -at- ieee -dot- org
http://www.pangea.ca/~dwhelan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=