Re: "Teaching" wizards?

Subject: Re: "Teaching" wizards?
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:52:52 -0700

I think we're missing the point here. Wizards are not teaching tools; they
are task automation tools. Wizards are intended to help users performs tasks
that are complex, require experience, or are infrequently used. A well
designed wizard intentionally hides the actual steps required to perform the
task that's being automated. As a result, wizards are not well suited to
teaching users how to do something.

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting
RoboHELP Certified Trainer * RoboHELP Certified Consultant

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=