Re: Windows, screens, and panels

Subject: Re: Windows, screens, and panels
From: Michael Christie <Michael_C2 -at- VERIFONE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:19:06 -0700

I think "panel" is a spillover from mainframe usage. (The UI you get for
certain apps in your 3270 terminal emulation window.) While I've seen some
OS/2 applications refer to panels, I don't think it's typical in Windwos
world, though some applictions, like Pegasus, obviously use it.

Perhaps someone who has the Microsoft GUI book can confirm or refute.

Mike

panel = one subset of a window (e.g., the "To" and "Subject" part of
an e-mail message are in one panel, and the body text is in another
(at least in Pegasus, which is what I'm using).

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=