Re: Linking online doc to an intranet

Subject: Re: Linking online doc to an intranet
From: C Wiese <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:42:51 PDT

Jim asked: I want to know what HTML, or perhaps
Javascript, command will tell Internet Explorer to launch a separate
application and have that application open a file

Jim,

I'm on my company's Intranet team and as far as I know, it is up
to the user to configure their own browser to launch this
application or that application. We've got a help page on our Intranet
telling our users how to do this with Netscape.

If there really is a way to embed something in the code to
launch the associated app, I'm all ears!

Cheryle

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=