Print Windows Directory - Reply to Previous Post

Subject: Print Windows Directory - Reply to Previous Post
From: "Russ, Kerri" <KRuss -at- QRS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:01:57 -0700

Crossposted to Techwr-L, Winhlp-L and WordTips Digest

Greetings, Techwhirlers!

I saw a post a few weeks back on one of these lists asking how to print a
Windows directory in order to double-check their help document contents (I
can't remember which list it was so I'm crossposting). While it's possible
to do this in DOS, there's a useful shareware utility called wonDirPrint,
which can be found at http://www.joekerswild.com/products.htm. wonDirPrint
displays any windows directory structure you specify and allows you to move
the columns around, hide any columns you don't want to print, export the
directory to another app, etc. I found it very useful and now I don't have
to mess around in DOS anymore. Yippee!

The site has two other utilities (MultiMark--renames multiple files in
Windows and more, and Sander--file search and global text replace utility
for Windows). I haven't had the need to use them so I can't comment on
them, but they also many be useful to someone.

This is not an advertisement, necessarily. My husband is the developer of
the utilities and he's put his heart and soul into these utilities. When I
saw the original posting asking how to do this, wonDirPrint wasn't done yet
or I'd have posted then. I beta tested wonDirPrint and I love it, though
for some reason, he didn't ask me to do the helpfile... hmmm... <g>

Hope wonDirPrint comes in handy to those who need this function (other than
me!).

Kerri Russ
Technical Writer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=