Re: Page ranges in an index

Subject: Re: Page ranges in an index
From: Richard Mateosian <xrm -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:49:21 -0700

>I'm developing a manual with two-level page numbers
>(e.g., the first page in chapter 4 is page 4-1). We're
>doing this to facilitate easy changes to the manual.

Why stop there? Why not give each page its own name, unfettered by
correspondence with an external system?

You can have an appendix that lists the page names in numerical
order for the linear-minded among us.

If you add pages, just make up names for them. Only the appendix has
to change. ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net> www.cyberpass.net/~srm/
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

© Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.