Re: U.S. vs Global Punctuation

Subject: Re: U.S. vs Global Punctuation
From: Richard Guziewicz <rkg -at- WORLDNET -dot- FR>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:58:54 +0200

I'm surprised that this thread has rambled on so long (long enough?)
without anyone mentioning that there are such things as reputable,
established styles guides available, both general purpose (MLA, Chicago
Manual of Style, GPO . . .) and industry specific, that deal with such
questions perfectly well.

I am assuming here, perhaps mistakenly, that any technical writer would
have at least one, if not several of these style guides on his or her
bookshelf.

To answer the original poster, in the same situation I would have said,
for example, that my CV was drafted in accordance with the Chicago
Manual of Style, and that I would be perfectly happy to recast it in
accordance with the recommendations of any other style guide she would
care to name, including her own, in-house one.

===================================
Richard Guziewicz
Corporate Communications Consultant
Quality Consulting & Technical Writing