Re: Getting Started Manual

Subject: Re: Getting Started Manual
From: WPAINE <WPAINE -at- LANIER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:42:30 -0400

I think that system reqmnt's should not be in the manual. The issues
of sys req's should have been addressed BEFORE they are the point of
reading the user (?) manual and the sys admin or purchaser should have
looked and considered this issue when they were evaluating the
product.

The exception to this would be to place it in the troubleshooting area
if some of the user problems are caused by not meeting these
guideines.

<My employer mentioned including system requirements and customer
specific information but I am not sure those types of information
should be included. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!>

Not in this order?

<Logging On
Logging Off
Screen Components
Navigation
How to use the online help provided
Overview information of the system components.>

good luck!
Bill Paine
Lanier Worldwide

Subject: Getting Started Manual
Author: Lisa Depenbrock <lisa -dot- depenbrock -at- US -dot- FICSGRP -dot- COM> at $INTERNET
Date: 9/11/98 10:44 AM

Hello all,

I may have to write a getting started manual for my company's internet
banking system. As I have never written one before, I wanted to get
some feedback about what type of information it should contain.

I think a Getting Started manual should contain information about the
following:
Logging On
Logging Off
Screen Components
Navigation
How to use the online help provided
Overview information of the system components.

My employer mentioned including system requirements and customer
specific information but I am not sure those types of information should
be included. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Lisa

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=