Re: U.S. vs Global Punctuation

Subject: Re: U.S. vs Global Punctuation
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:18:19 -0700

Doug Parr wrote:

> Can someone please tell me what is U.S. punctuation and what is
> global punctuation?

How about dates, decimal numbers, and money? I'd be surprised if
there was a "global" format, but some formats are decidedly different
from their U.S. counterparts.

> And can someone else please tell me what was the correct
> answer to her question?

I'd say your answer was perfect.

> She scheduled an interview with me.

See?

--David

David M. Brown -- Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
http://www.brown-inc.com/
See our web site for news about HTML Indexer, the easiest way to
create and maintain indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=