Re: ECOs

Subject: Re: ECOs
From: Richard Frederick <Fred_Ri -at- CENTRAL -dot- PRINTRONIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:11:16 -0700

Shannon,

We use a DCO, which is just a different acronym for the same thing. It
all depends on how bureaucratic your organization is. We simply state
that the documentation was revised to incorporate engineering changes
required for the "ABC update." I might also state on the DCO that
"Style changes were incorporated and reviewed by cognizant personnel in
the Marketing and Engineering Departments. Sign off sheets are available
for review."

DCO/ECOs are a good method of maintaining documentation at the same
release level as the product. Don't just fill them out. Ask to take a
look at them and stay informed.

Sincerely,
Richard Frederick
Senior Technical Writer